Superintendent Search Survey
The Skokie School District 73.5 Board of Education invites you to complete a survey to assist with our current Superintendent Search. This survey will be open through midnight Monday, October 5th. To participate, please click on the survey link below in your preferred language:
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (English)
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (Arabic)
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (Spanish)
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (Tagalog)
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (Urdu)
- Skokie School District 73.5 Superintendent Survey (Vietnamese)
Superintendent Search Stakeholder Focus Groups
In addition to the survey, there will also be opportunities to participate in virtual stakeholder meetings on Wednesday, October 7th via Zoom. Please sign up for these meetings below using the correct session link:
- District 73.5 Parent/Guardians & Community (CLICK HERE to sign up for a session)
- Session One: 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- Session Two: 6:00-6:30 p.m.
- District 73.5 Teachers (CLICK HERE to sign up for a session)
- Session One: 3:45-4:15 p.m.
- Session Two: 4:30-5:00 p.m.
- District 73.5 Support Staff (CLICK HERE to sign up for a session)
- Session One: 2:00-2:45 p.m.
- District 73.5 Administrative Team
- Session One: 1:00-1:45 p.m.
As outlined in our April 29th letter to the community, the Skokie School District 73.5 Board of Education has hired BWP and Associates to assist in the search for a new superintendent. The first step in this process was the hiring of interim superintendents. To provide leadership for the district during the 2020-2021 school year we have interviewed several teams of successful retired superintendents and have selected Dr. John Correll and Ellen Correll as Interim Superintendents starting on July 1st. Dr. Correll and Ms. Correll are currently serving in a similar interim capacity in the Antioch School District. Prior to that Dr. Correll was the long serving superintendent for the Salt Creek School District in Oak Brook. Ms. Correll was the superintendent for the Grayslake Elementary schools for 12 years. Both have strong backgrounds in curriculum and instruction. Due to pension limitations retired administrators can work no more than 120 days. Therefore, we expect that each will work 100 days, giving us coverage for 200 days. Due to the pandemic it is highly unlikely that we will be able to host a meet and greet, but optimistically we hope it is possible through the use of technology.
The search for a permanent superintendent will commence in September and we will include the opportunity for teachers, administration, staff and community members to contribute input. We look forward to partnering with the staff and community as we transition and identify the next superintendent for our amazing district.