Transportation & Bus Information
District 73.5 offers fee-based bus service. Middleton and McCracken students ride buses operated through a contractual service agreement with Alltown Bus Service (847-674-0090). Meyer kindergarten students are transported by district-owned buses. Contact the Operational Services Coordinator at 847-676-8317 if you have any concerns or questions regarding transportation.
Click the Translate button at the top of the page to translate the text
انقر فوق الزر "ترجمة" أعلى الصفحة لترجمة النص
ટેક્સ્ટનો અનુવાદ કરવા માટે પૃષ્ઠની ટોચ પરના અનુવાદ બટનને ક્લિક કરો
Haga clic en el botón Traducir en la parte superior de la página para traducir el texto
I-click ang button na Isalin sa tuktok ng pahina upang isalin ang teksto
متن کا ترجمہ کرنے کے لیے صفحہ کے اوپری حصے میں ترجمہ کے بٹن پر کلک کریں۔
Nhấp vào nút Dịch ở đầu trang để dịch văn bản
2023-2024 Bus Transportation Registration is Now Open
Registration for Transportation Services is open through August 11, 2023.
► Step 1: Complete the Bus Transportation Registration form
► Step 2: Parents/Guardians must pay the bus fee or apply for a fee waiver at the District Office (847-676- 8317). Only students who have paid transportation fees, or have had their fees waived, will be allowed to ride the bus. PAY BUS FEE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Registrations received after August 11, 2023, will not be guaranteed a seat. Any registration received after August 11th will be accepted only if space is available on existing routes. If space is not available, students will be placed on a waitlist for the appropriate route. Bus requests will be processed in the order they are received. The routes will not be altered to accommodate late registrations. PLEASE NOTE: Families will be notified as soon as possible if seats are available, but may need to make alternate transportation arrangements for the beginning of the school year as the district cannot guarantee registrations submitted after August 11th will be processed before the first day of school.
Parents/guardians must sign up for bus transportation by completing the Transportation Registration form, agreeing to the bus riding contract and rules (Board Policy 4:110 Transportation), and paying the bus fee. Only students whose transportation fees are paid, or have been waived by the Business Office, will be allowed to ride the bus. See the "Fees and Waivers" section of the Student/Parent Handbook for more information about fee waivers, or contact the District Office at 847-676-8317.
Bus Behavior Expectations and Safety
Safe behavior on school buses is expected of all students. Bus safety rules and regulations are discussed in each advisory or homeroom and bus evacuation drills are conducted for all students at the beginning of each school year.
Bus privileges are dependent upon compliance with rules established for safe operation of the buses. Students must conduct themselves in a manner that ensures safe transportation for themselves, other passengers, and the driver.
Good behavior and conduct are expected while boarding, riding, and departing the bus and include, but are not limited to:
- Students are to board and depart the bus at their assigned stop only.
- Students are not permitted to ride another student's bus.
- Student walkers are not permitted to ride the bus, with the exception of activity buses.
- Students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled arrival time.
- At the end of the school day, students are to go quickly to their bus's designated area and wait in an orderly fashion for the bus to arrive. For students in 6th through 8th grade, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they are on the bus before it leaves the school.
- While waiting for the bus, students are not to stand or play on the street. After exiting the bus, students who must cross the street must do so in front of the bus and only when the stop arm is out and the flashers are operating.
- Students must follow the directions of the bus driver and supervisor.
- Students are to remain seated with seatbelts fastened throughout the entire bus ride.
- Windows are not to be lowered below the safety mark. Students' heads, hands, arms, feet, and all objects must be kept inside the bus. Students must not tamper with the windows.
- Loud conversation, profane language, throwing objects, and discourteous actions toward the bus driver, supervisor, or other passengers is not allowed.
- Glass containers, live animals, and large objects may not be carried on the bus.
- Students must not litter or deface the bus. Trash receptacles are provided on all buses.
- Please refer to "Prohibited Student Conduct" in Appendix B of the Student/Parent Handbook for a comprehensive list of prohibited student behaviors.
- MEYER Kindergarten: Please review information on bus stop requirements specific to the kindergarten bus under Bus Routes, Stops, and Passes below.
The bus driver is in charge of the bus and their directions must be followed. The driver is not a disciplinarian: they have only one task – to drive the bus safely. Each bus driver has been instructed to report instances of misbehavior to the bus supervisor or Principal. In extreme cases, the bus driver will return a student or the entire busload of students to school for corrective action by the Principal.
If a student does not follow the rules, the Principal may revoke or suspend a student's bus privileges. In addition to bus consequences, students may be subject to regular school disciplinary action. Families will always be informed before a student's bus privileges are revoked or suspended. Parents/guardians have the right to request a meeting with the Principal to review the circumstances that warranted the removal of bus riding privileges (Board Policy 7:220 Bus Conduct, Board Policy 4:110 Transportation).
School buses may be equipped with video cameras. Video cameras may be used on school buses as necessary to monitor conduct and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
Bus Routes, Stops, and Passes
Bus routes, stops, and rider assignments will be determined by ridership at the beginning of each school year. Students are only allowed to ride the bus or buses to which they are assigned. Students will only be assigned to one morning route and one afternoon route. Additionally, they may only be picked up from and dropped off at their assigned stops. Students must show their bus pass to the driver each time they ride. Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation if a short-term change is needed.
Parents/guardians are responsible for the safety and well-being of their children before they board the bus in the morning and after they leave the bus in the afternoon. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to transport students to and/or from school if the student misses the bus.
1st-8th Grade Riders: School buses will not have staff members riding in the mornings or after school. The responsibility of the driver ends at the time the student is dropped off at their respective bus stop. Once the child exits the bus, the parent/guardian is responsible for the student’s commute from the bus stop to their home. Parents/guardians must ensure that their child has a plan for getting to their home once they exit the school bus at their stop.
Meyer Kindergarten Riders:
- Pick-up: No kindergarten student is allowed to wait alone at a bus stop for pick-up. A parent/guardian or authorized contact person must accompany the student and wait with them until they are safely on the bus.
- Drop-off: Kindergarten students will not be released from the bus if a designated adult is not at the bus stop to receive them. These children will be returned to Meyer School at the end of the route and parents will be called to pick them up.
Parents/guardians will be notified by the District via email and text if buses are late for pick-up or drop-off. Any questions related to bus pick-up or drop-off should be directed to the main office of each building.
After-School Activity Buses
Information about the availability of an activity bus for students participating in extracurricular activities, sports, serving detention, or staying after school for any other reason at Middleton and McCracken will be provided when students register for after-school activities. At times there may be extenuating circumstances outside of our control that will necessitate canceling after-school activity bus service. We will make every effort to communicate any changes in service to families as soon as possible as situations arise during the school year.