School Year 2019-2020
Parents/guardians are invited to participate in Parent-Teacher Conferences. Teachers will be available for conferences on Thursday, February 13th from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday, February 14th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Conference registration opens on Monday, January 27th at 7:00 a.m. and is available around the clock until Monday, February 10th at 3:00 p.m.
Language Ambassador Assistance
If you or someone you know needs a language interpreter to assist with conferences, please be sure to select a language in the "Special Requests" section of conference registration.
District 73.5 uses the PowerPTC conference communication and registration system. PowerPTC offers some special features to help parents/guardians quickly and easily schedule conferences for their child(ren):
- Single user account allows registration for all children at all schools during one login session.
- "Special Requests" feature allows parents to request a language interpreter to assist with conferences. After you've scheduled your conference(s), click the Special Requests button in the Conference Schedule section of your PowerPTC account.
- Schedules can be built manually: parent selects from available appointments individually for each teacher and student; or automatically: parent/guardian selects time of day and teachers and PowerPTC builds a schedule based on teacher availability.
- Appointment overlap protection alerts parent/guardian if a requested conference overlaps with one that is already scheduled.
- Automatic padding between conferences allows for travel time between rooms and buildings.
- Conference appointments can be printed, emailed, and added to a personal digital calendar (Google, Outlook, etc.)
- Simple, modern interface supports desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile devices.
PowerPTC is the same system currently in use at D219. Parents who already have a PowerPTC account for Niles North High School conferences will be able to add their SD73.5 student(s) to their existing account and manage all conference appointments from the same website.
Timeline & Important Dates to Know
- January 27th — Parent Activation Codes and account reminders will be emailed to all households. Please check your email for a message from PowerPTC.net and follow the instructions in the email. Additional information is available in the PowerPTC Guardian QuickStart Guide. If you did not receive an Activation Code or account reminder email, please call your child's school or the Information Technology department at 847.676.8213.
- January 27th — SD73.5 PowerPTC Parent-Teacher Conference Registration system opens at 7:00 a.m. Sign up for conferences and request Language Ambassador assistance as needed.
- February 10th — Parent-Teacher Conference Registration closes at 3:00 p.m.
- February 13th from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and February 14th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. — Parent-Teacher Conferences at Meyer, Middleton, and McCracken.
How can parents register for conferences if they don’t have a computer at home?
Parents can call their child’s school for assistance over the phone or visit the school to use a Parent Computer in the front office. Computers are also available at Skokie Public Library (library hours, location, and contact information are available here).
What if I misplaced my Parent Activation Code or did not receive one in my email?
Please call your child's school or the SD73.5 Information Technology Department at 847.676.8213 to request that your Activation Code be sent again.
If I have two children at one school, can I register register each child separately so the other parent and I can see different teachers at the same time (instead of seeing each teacher one after the other)?
Yes, the online registration system creates a separate conference schedule for each child.
Are language interpreters available to assist with a conference?
Yes. Please complete the Special Request section of your conference registration to let us know that you would like an interpreter to assist with your parent-teacher conference. You can also call your child's school to request a language interpreter.
My child attends McCracken and has the same teacher for two different subjects. Can I meet with the teacher twice?
Conferences are scheduled per teacher, not per subject or length of class. Your child’s teacher will discuss all subjects within the allotted time period.
My child attends Middleton and goes to another classroom for some subjects. Will I be able to schedule a conference with the other teacher(s)?
If your child is enrolled in select ELP classes, you will have the opportunity to schedule a separate conference with the Math and Reading/Writing teacher in addition to your child’s Homeroom teacher. Please contact any other teachers directly to arrange a meeting outside of the scheduled conference dates.
What if there are no conferences available when I try to sign up?
Conference times are available on a first come, first served basis and have been scheduled to allow as many families as possible to meet with their child’s teacher(s) during the conference day. If a teacher’s conference day schedule is full, parents can contact the school by phone or email to request a meeting with individual staff members throughout the school year.
My child’s parent/guardian lives at a different address. Can we meet separately with our child’s teachers? Should we use the same Parent Activation Code that I received by email?
A parent who lives at a different address can schedule a separate conference. A separate Parent Activation Code will be sent to non-custodial parents whose email is on file with the district. If a non-custodial parent did not receive a Parent Activation Code, please call the Information Technology Department at 847.676.8213 for assistance.
Can I review, change, or cancel my conference reservation?
You can review, change, and cancel your conference registration by logging back in to PowerPTC, selecting the child's name from the list of active students, and reviewing/updating the information on the Conference Schedule page.
What if I arrive late to my conference or my conference runs long?
In the interest of everyone's time, all conferences will begin and end promptly as often as possible.
How late is the conference website open for registration?
Conference registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until 3:00 p.m. on the Monday before conferences.
Does PowerPTC have any print or video tutorials to help me get started and find may way around?
The "Guardian Scheduling Tutorial" video below is produced and provided by PowerPTC. A Guardian QuickStart Guide is also available.