School Year 2021-2022
Parents/guardians are invited to participate in Parent-Teacher Conferences. Teachers will be available for your choice of in-person OR remote (video) conferences on Thursday, October 7th from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday, October 8th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Conference registration opens on Monday, September 27th at 7:00 a.m. and is available around the clock until Monday, October 4th at 3:00 p.m.
Language Ambassador Assistance
If you or someone you know needs a language interpreter to assist with conferences, please be sure to select a language in the "Special Requests" section of conference registration.
District 73.5 uses the PowerPTC conference communication and registration system. PowerPTC offers some special features to help parents/guardians quickly and easily schedule conferences for their child(ren):
- Single user account allows registration for all children at all schools during one login session.
- Special Requests feature allows parents to request a language interpreter to assist with conferences. After you've scheduled your conference(s), click the Special Requests "lifesaver" button in the Conference Schedule section of your PowerPTC account.
- Schedules can be built manually: parent selects from available appointments individually for each teacher and student; or automatically: parent/guardian selects time of day and teachers and PowerPTC builds a schedule based on teacher availability.
- Appointment overlap protection alerts parent/guardian if a requested conference overlaps with one that is already scheduled.
- Automatic padding between conferences allows for travel time between conferences.
- Conference schedules can be printed, emailed, and added to a personal digital calendar (Google, Outlook, etc.)
PowerPTC is the same system currently in use at D219. Parents who already have an active PowerPTC account for Niles North High School will be able to add their SD73.5 student(s) to their existing account and manage all conference appointments from the same website.
Timeline & Important Dates to Know
Very early in the morning
PowerPTC Parent/Guardian Activation Codes will be emailed to all enrolled student households.
- Parents/guardians who DO NOT have an active SD73.5 PowerPTC account will be sent an Activation Code by email. Watch your inbox for a message from PowerPTC.net and follow the instructions in the email to activate your PowerPTC account. Account activation is required before conferences can be scheduled.
- Parents/guardians who DO have an active SD73.5 PowerPTC account will receive a similar email from PowerPTC.net with instructions for resetting your account password.
Please watch your email for a message from PowerPTC.net and follow the instructions in the email. Additional information is available in the PowerPTC Guardian QuickStart Guide. If you did not receive an email, please call 847-676-8213 during school hours.
SD73.5 PowerPTC Parent-Teacher Conference Registration will open at 7:00 a.m. Sign up for conferences and request Language Ambassador assistance as needed.
Parent-Teacher Conference Registration closes at 3:00 p.m.
October 7th from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and
October 8th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Parent-Teacher Conferences in-person at school OR remote (video) via Zoom
How will conferences be held?
To best meet the needs of our families, conferences will be available in-person and remote (video). In-person conferences will be held at school. Remote (video) conferences will be held in the teacher's Zoom room.
PLEASE NOTE: All conferences are automatically in-person. Follow these steps if you prefer a remote (video) conference:
- Sign up for a conference in PowerPTC
- After the conference is confirmed on screen, click "My Schedule"
- Find the appointment you wish to attend remotely
- Click the "Meeting Type/Location" icon to change the Meeting Type from In-Person to Remote (Video Conference). A unique Zoom link will be sent with your conference appointment confirmation. You will use this link to enter the waiting room and then join the teacher via Zoom at your appointed time. The teachers' conference Zoom links are also available from the Parent-Teacher Conference Schedule page in your PowerPTC account.
How can parents/guardians register for conferences if they don’t have a computer at home?
Parents/guardians can call 847-676-8213 for assistance over the phone.
What if I misplaced my Parent/Guardian Activation Code or did not receive one in my email?
Please call the 847-676-8213 to request that your Activation Code be sent again.
If I have two children at one school, can I register register each child separately so the other parent/guardian and I can meet with different teachers at the same time (instead of meeting with each teacher one after the other)?
Yes, the online registration system creates a separate conference schedule for each child. However, in order to schedule separate teacher conferences for different parents/guardians at the same time, each parent/guardian will need their own PowerPTC account.
Are language interpreters available to assist with a conference?
Yes. Look for and click the "lifesaver" button in the Special Request section of your conference registration and select one of the available options: Arabic, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu, or Vietnamese. You can also call your child's school to request a language interpreter.
My child has the same teacher for two different subjects. Can I meet with the teacher twice?
Conferences are scheduled per teacher, not per subject or length of class. Your child’s teacher will discuss all subjects within the allotted time period.
My child goes to another classroom for some subjects. Will I be able to schedule a conference with the other teacher(s)?
- At Meyer: Preschool and Kindergarten Homeroom teachers will be available for scheduling
- At Middleton: Only Homeroom teachers will be available for scheduling
- At McCracken: Academic, Speech, and Trimester 1 Specials teachers will be available for scheduling
What if there are no conferences available when I try to sign up?
Conference times are available on a first come, first served basis and have been arranged to allow as many families as possible to meet with their child’s teacher(s) during the conference window. If a teacher’s conference schedule is full, parents/guardians can contact the school by phone or email to request a meeting with individual staff members throughout the school year.
My child’s parent/guardian lives at a different address. Can we meet separately with our child’s teacher(s)? Should we use the same Parent Activation Code that I received by email?
A parent/guardian who lives at a different address can schedule a separate conference. A separate Parent/Guardian Activation Code will be sent to non-custodial parents whose email is on file with the district. If a non-custodial parent did not receive a Parent/Guardian Activation Code, please call 847-676-8213 for assistance.
Can I review, change, or cancel my conference reservation?
You can review, change, and cancel your conference registration by logging back in to PowerPTC, selecting the child's name from the list of active students, and reviewing/updating the information on the Conference Schedule page.
What if I arrive late to my conference or my conference runs long?
In the interest of everyone's time, all conferences will begin and end promptly as often as possible.
How late is the conference website open for registration?
Conference registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until 3:00 p.m. on the Monday before conferences.
Does PowerPTC have any print or video tutorials to help me get started and find may way around?
The "Guardian Scheduling Tutorial" video below is produced and provided by PowerPTC. A Guardian QuickStart Guide is also available.