Skokie School District 73 ½’s vision is to build a “foundation for learning, leadership, and life.” As the Special Education Department, it is our mission to coordinate programs to meet the diverse academic and behavioral needs of special education students through systematic, evidence-based instruction, curriculum, and services, in order for them to achieve at their highest levels.
- In the value all learners and all abilities
- All children should be educated in their least restrictive environment
- We can help bridge learning gaps by offering a continuum of services within and outside of the general education classroom
- Behavioral, emotional, and social learning are critical components of student learning
- Staff, families, and the community must partner to promote each student’s success and well-being
- In the importance of preparing independent and creative thinkers
- All staff share responsibility for educating our students